TCAL and MaxPreps Partnership Background
The Texas Christian Athletic League is partnered with MaxPreps to efficiently collect schedules, scores, rosters and team photos to highlight member school information. MaxPreps’ industry leading platform provides schools with various desktop, tablet and mobile options to keep their team information accurate. Coaches are encouraged to download the Teams by MaxPreps app to manage their information.
- What do coaches need to do? Coaches are required to enter their rosters & schedules at the start of each season, upload their team photos and report scores & stats immediately after each game into the Teams by MaxPreps app or on MaxPreps.com.
- How do coaches sign up to get free access to their admin account on MaxPreps for the first time?
Coaches or Athletic Directors can follow this link to become a MaxPreps member and follow the prompts to request their unique access code. Your one-time access code will identify you as the coach or AD with permission to your team/school account. You can enter this access code in the “Set up Admin Accounts” link of your member account profile page.
- Can coaches allow a team statistician or assistant coach to help manage their team information? Yes! Once the coach has access to their team admin page, they can give other individuals access to their page to help keep their team information accurate.
- Does MaxPreps have an app to manage team information? Yes, the Teams by MaxPreps app allows coaches to update a score on their phone, manage their schedule, stats, roster, team photos and communicate with their staff and athletes in the app.
The free app can be downloaded by coaches, athletes and parents from the iTunes app store and the Google Play store. By using the Teams app, coaches can communicate in direct/group messaging with their team as well as sync their team calendar with their iOS or Android device without collecting email addresses or phone numbers.
- Is MaxPreps compatible with other stat programs? In addition to MaxPreps’ own mobile, tablet and desktop tools, MaxPreps is compatible with more than 80 different stat companies across multiple sports. Click here to view MaxPreps stat partners. For directions on entering stats on MaxPreps.com, click here. Basketball coaches can also download the free MaxStats iPad app to live score their games and have stats sent immediately to MaxPreps.com
- How can fans participate with their teams? The MaxPreps fan app allows a program volunteer to provide live scoring updates on their mobile device during the game, to keep your high school community engaged and informed. All scores/updates will be available statewide on the TCAL Scoreboard. The app is available for iOS and Android devices.
- What do Athletic Directors need to do? Athletic Directors simply need to clearly communicate with coaches to keep their scores and other team information updated on MaxPreps. ADs should direct any new coaches or coaches currently not using MaxPreps to contact MaxPreps at 800-329-7324 x1 or email@example.com, to sign up immediately.
- Can Athletic Directors control their MaxPreps team pages, if desired? Yes. Athletic Directors can control every single team page from their free “School Administration” page on MaxPreps. While MaxPreps recommends coaches are responsible for their own team information, MaxPreps provides 100% free reporting, communication and school management tools for athletic directors, if desired. In order to gain access to your school administration page, please contact MaxPreps at 800-329-7324 x1 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to sign up today.
- Which sports are included in the partnership? At this time baseball, basketball, football, soccer, softball, volleyball and wrestling are included.
- What about other sports? Coaches from any other sports may still choose to use MaxPreps’ free platform.
- 11. Can I send my information to the media after each game? Yes, after scores and/or statistics are entered into MaxPreps, coaches may send that information to multiple media outlets at the same time. Click here for instructions on how to send boxscores and season statistics to media.
12. Who can I contact with additional questions? Coaches and ADs may contact MaxPreps/TCAL representative Josh Taylor at email@example.com, or may direct questions to MaxPreps coach support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 800-329-7324 x1. MaxPreps also has a support website at support.maxpreps.com that can help answer specific questions such as how to enter a schedule or a roster, or how to upload a team photo, etc.